Originally Posted By: Irishman12

These books seem like they're going to be very simple, light and easy books to read. This started out well and was enjoying its simplicity for about halfway through. The second half I didn't quite enjoy as much except for the last few chapters. I think most people's favorite is book 2 (THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE) and it's the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Has anybody else read these? If so, any thoughts?

I've read them all many years ago originally. They are all aimed at children (with one or two winks towards a adult audience) and for me they really didn't age that well. They were as you say light enjoyable reading if that's what you're looking for. The White Witch is a funny character to me and I liked the introduction of her in "The Magician's Nephew" I think.

If you like the author he takes a much more serious and adult (and occasionally tedious) look at the struggle between good and evil in his Space Trilogy (Perelandra) series. The Screwtape Letters was also a good read.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.