Originally Posted By: Giordano
I don't think one can assume Fetta is still loyal to Rizzuto although that maybe the case as they mention in Paul Cherry's article that he had been associating with the Scoppa's in recent months and Daniel Renaud one of the French writer's has insinuated that the Scoppa's are or were aligned with Di Maulo and the Cordeleone side. He has also mentioned the Scoppa's as opposing the Rizzuto's.

The Arcadi crew has had conflict with the Scoppa's going back to a kidnapping a few years back also. Tough to say which side Fetta is on. If he is now associating with Scoppa's who seem to be one of the most powerful factions in Montreal right now he maybe considered a traitor by the Rizzuto/Arcadi faction. The Scoppa's Mucsle have been getting picked off one by one over the last few months and this may well be another case of that.

The above poster who mentioned this could nothing to do with any mafia war could be correct also as that is Paul Cherry's opinion also in the below podcast:

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2012/12...less-organized/

Giordano:

You are correct. Uncharacteristically, I almost verged on asserting that Fetta was a Rizzuto loyalist. I'm not sure why I did that when I consider how cautious I am about jumping to conclusions. For example, I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest Vito was behind Di Maulo's murder.

Some analyses by organized-crime reporters of events in the Montreal Mafia over the last three years have proven to be flawed. Even seasoned journalists like Daniel Renaud have drawn inaccurate sketches of the landscape in Montreal's Italian underworld.