Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
My eldest boy who i have mentioned in here beofre as a general sports whizz is now whooping it up at basketball. His school team are unbeaten this year and carrying all before them. His coach has mentioned him and a couple of the others going to try out with the local pro team, the Eagles, see if they can't get into the Juniors set up. He would like to but unfortuneately is so wrapped up with football that he simply has not got the time. Shame frown

Excelling at multiple sports poses a dilemma for young men his age...but it's a pretty good problem to have. Glad to hear about his basketball exploits.

My son's high school has about 2,000 students, so a lot of talentedd kids don't make the basketball team, so they play in a pretty competitive rec league, in which I've always volunteered or coached in some capacity. I think I posted once about 4-5 years ago where we lost a championship game because a referee, who happened to be a board member that served with the opposing coach, called a series of peculiar technical fouls on one of our players in the final ten seconds.

Well, this is my last year as a coach because my son is a senior, and my last chance to avenge that controversial loss against that smug coach, who's still on the board.

We play the fat bastard Sunday.