Originally Posted By: MaryCas
PBS is running a documentary titled, "Paesani: the Story of Italian Culture in America. I missed the beginning, but this is very good. Shows Ellis Island immigration, (just like Vito Corleone in GF II), and mostly focuses on Northeast PA towns where many Italians ended up. This is Klydon country, but he's no paesan. Check it out if its in your area.

MC,

I would have loved to seen it. I'll keep an eye out for it here. A few years ago the History channel ran a story similar called "Italians In America." I loved it so much I purchased a copy and sent it to my parents in their Christmas gift. They also loved it. Sort of sad, this topic comes up here, because in a box of mementos I just received after they cleaned my parents' house out, was that video which I will watch again.

Anyway, IF you here it's on again, please either post or PM me but I also will check my local PBS station.

Thanks MC

smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon