One thing I noticed, was that I didn't realize the Heisman voting body is broken down into regional bodies ("primaries" you can say) and this included SouthEast and SouthWest.

I mention this because SouthEast obviously includes the SEC...which is the new home for Texas A&M. SouthWest, is home to Texas...where Texas A&M of course resides.

Talk about a regional electoral advantage for Johnny Touchdown. In the Midwest (home of ND of course), Te'o won the region but only by 10% over Manziel.

Texas A&M had a gag order on freshmen players talking to the press, but this by exception was waved at the right time for Manziel and gave a telegnic personality that reminds one of Tebow when he was kicking ass on the field and not warming the bench. This clinched the Heisman for him.

Plus with zero evidence, I like to think Te'o was hurt also by the fact that fair or not, Notre Dame was considered to have a much weaker schedule compared to the typical SEC schedule. Texas A&M lost what, 1 or 2 games? I can't remember. But none the less one of them was to Florida. They're quality defeats. (Unlike say if ND had lost that close game with the mediocre Pitt.)