WTF?

I was in the middle of updating the TV listings early afternoon yesterday when all of a sudden the computer hung up. The hard drive would not stop spinning, and the computer barely responded (it'd take minutes for a button click to register). I forced the machine off, and the same thing even after a reboot! I tried everything for about an hour then just turned it off and went for a walk.

When I got back, I turned it on and the computer acted normally. Whew! But now no internet access whatsoever. I tried every geeky thing I could for 2 hours to no avail, so I called Verizon FiOS and they tried everything they could as well, and concluded it's probably a computer issue. After watching TV a bit, I spent another few hours trying to fix it. Nothing.

I shut it down and went to bed all pissy. Wake up, turn it on for Round 3 of troubleshooting, and it's working just fine! WTF? I'm not complaining, but it has me a bit worried that maybe it's a hardware issue or something, but why would it just start working (or stop working, for that matter) all of a sudden? Sheesh.

I gotta get back into the habit of always rebooting at the start of the day, just to "refresh" the computer which gets bogged down after a few days of heavy use.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations