Originally Posted By: spmob
And Turchi wasn't loved by Joe at this point. so he wasn't a high ranking as he had previously been. He may have had him killed but who knows. Theres a few theories out there.

Dont think Caprio mentioned this in his recent testimony, lucky for Ligambi.

Ligambi was implicated in the 1999 murder of Ronald Turchi by former Philadelphia hitman Peter "Pete the Crumb" Caprio. In court Caprio has testified that Ligambi told him Turchi was murdered due to his relationship with former boss Ralph Natale. "We dimed Ronnie out to teach Ralph a lesson," Caprio claims Ligambi told him.

Licata jokes with Ligambi about the 2003 gangland murder of John “Johnny Gongs” Casasanto in South Philadelphia, which remains unsolved. Licata laughs and tells Ligambi, “At least we finally got to get him!”

Originally Posted By: Southphilly4ever
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: Southphilly4ever
I'm curious about Bent Fingers testimony against Borgesi. From what I read he is referring to things that happened with Borgesi before he went away over 10 years ago but as far as him running things for him after that, Borgesi is in jail and his phone calls are recorded but was there any tapes of him speaking with Bent Finger?

Lou visited him in jail and was Borgesi's point person out on the streets, there was also a flipped Bonanno associate (bank robber) in jail with Borgesi who told the feds what Georgie told him

Yes I know that but my question was were there any tapes of George Borgesi talking to Damion during those prison visits? I doubt that, his testimony is all hearsay. I'm pretty sure officials monitored all his visits from all family and friends. Why also would Borgesi risk doing this through an low level guy instead of when he got visits from made members like Uncle Joe, Phil Ligambi, his brother Anthony and any of the other made men who had to visit him during his time in prison?

No tapes of Borgesi and Damion.

You answered your own question. A visit from an associate wouldn't be under as much scrutiny and surveillance as a visit from a made member especially a guy like Ligambi.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 12/03/12 08:51 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.