pretty seroius request for advice here guys, as i know we have alot of older, level headed posters here. a friend of mine who i've known for over 20 years has hit about as rough of a patch as you could imagine. he has a daughter with an ex girlfriend who lives a few states away that he never sees because he is so far behind on child support that he is real close to losing the little amount of custody he has left. he has had another toxic relationship with a girl up here, and they just seem to enable each others addictions.

for a while he had a good job, and was going to a methadone clinic and seemed to have things somewhat in order. the last few months, it seems like everything is just falling apart. he lost his job due to heroin addiction(missing work, calling out, asking for advances of pay ect) since then, i know for a fact he has started back up on the heroin.

a few nights ago, he called me, hysterical, threatening suicide, so i offered to let him stay with me for a few days to calm down. to make things even more complicated, i moved back in with my parents a few months ago until the spring/summer because of problems at the house i was renting with a few other guys as well as to save money while i can because the plan is for them to put the house up for sale soon and they wanna move to pa. now as much i like to drink beer, joke around and have a good time, my family gets along pretty well, but they won't tolerate any kind of drug use/chaos.

so my buddy rode his street bike over here, clearly messed up. i had him inside, ordered a pizza for us, bought him a pack of smokes as well as a 12pk of his favorite soda. he was an emotional mess, and to make things even worse, it looks like he must have crashed the bike recently as its all fucked up with coolant and oil dripping all over the driveway.

a set him up on the couch in my room, go to throw some sheets in the washer for him, and when i come back, hes in the process of cooking up dope. i was shocked, and didn't know what to do, like that frozen feeling you get. he finished, and started the nod. here i am having to stay up all night to make sure he isn't dead, while trying to hide this from my family. i went threw his bag, found more empty bags, and some xanax in a bottle prescribed to him, unreal. for those who don't know, xanax mixed with any kind of opiate is a lethal combination. i had to call out of work the next day(yesterday), just so i could try to figure something out.

i am physically sick right now, my face feels all fuzzy, and i'm hurt. he left early this morning on foot cause his bike is undrivable, im assuming he is trying to get more drugs after begging me for cash which i refused, and i think he went back to that poison bitch he's with. his parents live in west virginia, and i've been on the phone with them constantly trying to figure out what to do. he has fucked them over so many times that they are at there wits end and just don't know what to do. they sent him money to get on a bus to go down, but that money is gone. my car probably wouldn't even be able to make it there, otherwise i would drive him myself.

my parents seem to know that something serious is going on, and i don't know what to do. if i turned my back on him and something happened i couldn't live with myself, but at the same time i cant keep missing work to babysit a full grown man, luckily i'm off today, but not tomorrow. i would be greatful for any advice, because i'm at a complete loss here.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!