Though I know the Democratic hardliners will never consider another Bush, I wouldn't count out the rest of the country. There's a lot of misconceptions about GW Bush, many of which weren't addressed or rebutted during this past election.

For one, it's a total misconception that Bush's economic policies are solely responible the recession, as it was Bill Clinton who expanded Freddie/Fannie and restricted Glass-Steagall financial regulations the same as Bush did.

It was also Bill Clinton who originally said Saddam Hussein had WMD's and needed to be disarmed.

Though I know the hardline Union workers, economic statists, etc. will never be convinced of this, nor give Bush Sr. the respect he deserves as a war hero, it's worth noting that Jeb Bush isn't GW. For one, Jeb can do a whole day's worth of talk shows and then appear before Congress and not bat an eye. Another is he has an Hispanic wife and son (George P.) and wouldn't necessarily need a minority on the ticket.

2016 will also be very different if the Democrats do not have a minority candidate, and one as popular as Obama. You throw Clinton in there and the Republican smear machine will be raking the Clintons over the coals like it's 1999--good old fashioned mud slinging (and no one calling the other a racist).