Leonetti was a cold blooded killer just like his Uncle Nicky. He was a ruthless guy and he loved the life but as soon as he knew he was fucked he flipped. He'll tell you he did he for his kid or because his cousin Mark Scarfo tried to kill himself but lets be honest here, the guy did not want to sit in prison for 45 years so he ratted on everyone he could to get himself a deal and he did get the deal. I'm not sure but i think he served maybe 5 years but it might of been a little more and then he was released and relocated. I have no idea on how he's made a living after being released but i doubt he's making what he used to when he worked for his uncle.

I find interesting the comments he made about Merlino, calling him nothing but a punk and how he better watch out for the Scarfo guys getting released. He said to watch for Narducci and Grande and called them "real gangsters".

Here's what Leonetti said.

"Never a big fan of Joseph “Skinny Joey” Merlino, he writes that the erstwhile mob boss, now cooling his heels in Florida, is better off in the Sunshine State. He describes Merlino as a “punk” and a “thief.” And he warns that guys like Phil Narducci and Joe Grande who were jailed with Scarfo in 1987 and who have recently been released, also have less than a favorable impression of Merlino, a young, cocky wannabe gangster when they were on the streets.

“These guys are real gangsters,” Leonetti says of his former underworld contemporaries."

And here's the article he said it in. http://www.jerseymanmagazine.com/mobscene-leonetti.php