Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Originally Posted By: klydon1
There are some good players there, but the balance of power hasn't shifted much.

I agree. I read an article on SI.com stating that the players they received in the trade would only add an additional 5 wins based on last year's performances.

Plus, how's that AstroTurf gonna play on Jose Reyes' bad legs? It's a good trade on paper but I doubt it'll shift the balance of power in the AL East. They still have to compete with New York, Baltimore, Tampa Bay and Boston.

Baltimore is a maybe, we need to see if last year wasn't just a one-off. Tampa i agree is up there, probably the best pitching staff in the AL. New York is New York and always has the possiblility of making some magor changes, but as it stands now they have an aging group that seems on a downward spiral. Boston? Last place. They gave up too many good guys, and they are already a dysfunctional team, and John Farrell hasn't proven he's a good manager just yet.

What if the Jays add Shawn Marcum to an already solid pitching staff? He has shown he is interested in coing back to Toronto. I know he had a down year this year, but his history proves he is a good pitcher who maybe needs a change of scenery. So imagine this staff:

1)Johnson 2)Marcum 3)Buehrle 4)Brandon Morrow 5)Ricky Romero

That's a pretty good rotation. Especially if Romero bounces back from the horrible season!

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA