I realized that I should have caught up on the posts in this thread before I made dinner tonight.

I mean, there was nothing specifically wrong with the dinner I made, but if I had read some of the most recent posts, it probably would have affected my choice.

I absolutely love a good tuna casserole, but haven't made one in many years. I'll have to make one before the week is out, if I can budget the time...

I have a package of beautiful, lean, center-cut pork chops sitting in the fridge, and they'll probably be tomorrow's dinner, along with some either baked or home-fried potatoes (with onions and green pepper), biscuits and gravy. (I may have a good friend coming over tomorrow, and his shrew of a wife never cooks him a meal, ever.) I'll be lucky if I'll be able to move for the following 24 hours...

But, my most recent repast? A stir-fry of shrimp, broccoli, snow peas and bean sprouts over a bed of white rice. It was nice - and quite filling - but my brain is still hungry (but, my body definitely is not!).

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."