Was watching the Kojak film the other night with Michael V. Gazzo
from 1975 and have to say this has to go down as one of the most underated mob films of all time.

Ok, so the plot isn't perfect and there are parts of it that may seem a little retro now but overall the characters and the backdrop of 70's New York City make it for me.

I miss that old New York accent, like the Greek crook selling furs for the mob when he's on the blower to his wife, giving it "I know its Tuesday, nine years we been married now, every week I wake up and I think to myself tonight's the night I could eat your mother's potato pancakes, don't talk to me about Tuesday".

It got me all nostalgic, even though I grew up mostly in the 80's the kinds of characters on Kojak really bought me back.

The one where Kojak goes to NJ is good too, 'Across The River' and the mob have the Chief in so deep he has to runaround like a no-good gopher and Kojak ends up getting into a brawl with two mob guys in the club.

ANyone think of the best Kojak episode with the mob?

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin