I don't know how far this story has gone but there's been a disturbing story about a lineman from Florida who was up on Long Island working to restore power. These out-of-state volunteers have been working 16 to 18 hour shifts re-stringing wires, installing new power poles, etc. in an attempt to get power back to thousands of homes that went dark as a result of the hurricane.

Well, it appears that this particular Florida lineman was punched in the face last Friday night by a guy who hit him and broke his jaw. This happened outside a restaurant just after the lineman finished a long shift. I was absolutely disheartened when I heard the news. The fact that it happened very close to where I live made it seem a little more "real" (if that makes sense). I was hoping they'd find the attacker and nail his ass to the wall.

Well, the news this morning is that the police arrested the perp (the puncher) but the details are a little different. The perp, who was thought to be an angry customer without power and just looking for an outlet for his anger apparently hit the lineman because the utility worker had urinated on or near his car in full view of the perp's girlfriend.

It doesn't really change that much. The lineman should not have been attacked but I am reminded now that there's always two sides to every story.

FWIW - police announced that the lineman, now recovering back in Florida, won't be charged with anything for the public urination.