Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

If the guy wanted holidays off he should have stayed in school.

That's an unfair statement, pb.

Completely unfair of me, SC. I was having a bad day Sunday and I'm embarrassed by it in hindsight. My 17 year old son was driving me crazy about his car; the Giants were getting embarrassed by the Bengals; and my 83 year old father was over and acting like he was 17 himself. Eldercare is especially difficult when the elder is as healthy as a horse, yet irascible socially. So I'm sorry if you were offended. I really am. I forgot that you worked at WalMart. And even if I didn't know it, it was still obnoxious of me blush.

You guys know that I was a Teamster for 25 years; a steward, and then later a delegate for many of those years. So the idea of management making people work on holidays against their will is anathema to me. But sadly, unions are dying.

Now I don't want to get political here because the Democrats have been responsible for plenty of mishaps in this country, But the decline of unions in America is due in no small part to the Republicans and their war on organized labor. It's revolting. Take away a fair wage, take away the middle class. It's simple math, really.

And don't get me started on "Black Friday." But in all fairness to the stores, the idiotic consumers who run away from their Thanksgiving tables at 8 o'clock to save a hundred bucks on a PlayStation are just as much to blame. Fuckin idiots rolleyes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.