Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Obama didn't so much win this election as Romney lost it. Romney was never a strong candidate--he never got 50% of the vote in the primaries except until the very end. He was an unconvincing campaigner.

But the surge he achieved after the first debate was telling: Obama behaved in the first debate as he has in office: detached, aloof, contemptuous, seemingly not caring about the outcome. A lot of '08 Obama supporters who've been disappointed in him showed their disappointment after that debate because they saw in his performance exactly what they'd been seeing for the past four years.

I wish Obama well in the next four years. I always wish our Presidents well--if they succeed, we all succeed. But, no President has ever done better in his second term than in his first term.

+1 on everything my favorite Arizona transplant just posted smile.

I, too, was very disappointed in Obama's first term, after being very vocal in support of his 2008 campaign. But at the end of the day, Willard (thanks, Ronnie, now I keep calling him Willard) was just too out of touch and "flip-floppy."

I'll tell you this much (and the far left will hate me for this): If Willard had some of that folksy charm that Dubya had, he'd be celebrating right now. The guy is a mope.

Well said Turnbull and Pizzaboy. We don't need a far left and a far right. The voters told us that. We need to meet in the middle and settle these differences as a united country, not a red and blue country.

I also had the same thought about Romney's lack of likeability. I had many people I respect tell me that they voted for Bush in '04 because they liked him. He was not a stuffed shirt like Romney. Romney, quite frankly, reminded me of Kerry (if in demeanor only). Now they both share losing the election in common.