Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Shmoe you have no clue what you are talking about. Obama accomplished more in his first term than anyone other than FDR and LBJ, and he did it in the face of a reactionary congress led by the wackos in the House and the racist Mitch McConnell who made it clear from the get go that his primary goal was to make Obama a one term president. Now that the far right has been given the spanking it deserves, moderates from both sides of th aisle may be able to work out compromises to allow the country to move FORWARD even more.

I knew from his postings before the election that he was going to be bitter when his boy Romney lost. He needs to get over it. It was an electoral landslide. The people have spoken.

My boy Romney? I supported him in the election but in no way shape or form was he the perfect candidate. I thought he was a better alternative, because no matter how you people want to spin it, Obama's first terms was sluggish, ineffective and he was not a strong leader. He governed from the left as opposed to the middle and he achieved almost nothing other than the auto bailout, Iraq and killing Osama Bin Laden.

I want nothing more for the House and Obama to work together to get something done I really do. Whether it will happen I don't know but I certainly do not wish ill on our president, I don't want him to fail I and I want this country to go forward in a bipartisan manner, no matter who is in office.

But let's face it, the people elected Obama, but in no way was it by a landslide like the last time. He may have handily beaten Romney in electoral votes, but the popular vote was pretty even. Half of this country is not satisfied with Obama and his administration which has to tell him something.

The Republicans on the other hand, need to stop going so extreme and become more moderate and drop this damn tea party sherade which is the lousiest excuse for politics I have ever seen. People like Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann don't belong in any position of power.

Bottom line: we just need to work together and get shit done.

Last edited by 123JoeSchmo; 11/07/12 08:23 PM.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone