Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: Giordano
Say what you want but with all thats happened the papers say Di Maulo 50 years plus into the game was still walking the streets with no body guard despite all thats happened over the last few years. Thats a real mafioso.

It's foolish if you ask me. Walking without a bodyguard in Montreal these days, especially if your an important member of the Mafia, is asking to be killed. When you make yourself such an easy target it's tempting for anybody to settle a score. Just look at the Nick Rizzuto Jr. hit.

Even if he wasn't involved, his name popped up in the news more often than he would have liked.

i agree. not that a bodyguard would totally save your life ie; cun trera-sciascia. but, you might have a chance of surviving, at least.

then again, a person like montagna went into a meeting alone without a lookout, leading to his ambush. you would think that he would have an entourage, of some sort, after being underboss of a NYC family.

which leads me to believe, a plausible theory, about this mob hit. it may stem from NYC and retribution for the fallout between dimaulo-desjardins-gallo and montagna-arcuris.
i think rizzuto, unless he truly is an invincible figure after being put away and his immediate family being decimated. i think it is too soon for him to make a move that sudden, with all eyes watching him. Don't forget,when his son and two lawyers came to pick him up at the airport. there was a NYC figure present, as well?? what was that all about??
batter up!!!