I just want to vote and get this damn thing over with already.

Yesterday evening, in the space of an hour and a half, I was invaded by no less than four unwanted political phone calls. Some were robo-calls, some were actual people on the line.

I didn't give a damn.

They were intruding on my privacy.

They always manage to call around what they believe is your dinner time (deliberately), and after the first of these annoyances, I let my answering machine take the call. Or, I would pick up the telephone, and when I heard the recording or person on the other end, simply slam down the receiver.

Even though I am on the "Do Not Call" registry for my state (which is a fucking joke, believe me), you cannot opt out of, or avoid receiving political annoyance calls. WHY???? mad

If I spend another sleepless night - which is appearing more and more likely - I may try to get to local polling place early and, after I vote, come back home and get some well-deserved sleep.

Honestly, the older I get, the more I see elections as not voting for someone as much as voting against the other guy.

Some call it "the lesser of the two weasels", but I don't know anymore. Make of it what you will. ohwell

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."