Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Haha not in a million years Ronnie lol Frankly both sides are spinning it this to the point where I don't trust anyone. Not even Rasmussen or RCP. I'm just gonna wait and see and whatever happens, happens.[/quote]

I guess I'm testy about the shit Silver got was that 4 years ago, when FiveThirtyEight was starting to becoming known and just right before he became toast of the town and got that nice NYT gig, I e-mailed him a question about something I didn't understand and he actually replied, politely and thoroughly.

As a stat whiz, he could've been a total dick at my ignorance of statistics and show off his big Math Dick, but he didn't. And I appreciated that. Plus he seems to try to be legitimate with his ever evolving, self-correcting formulas. (And to be fair, he did great in '08, only getting Missouri wrong if I remember correctly and that was a razor-thin toss up state.)

Most of these pundits, I don't exactly get fired up defending them whenever they're criticized. Why should I? They're paid to be clowns and make (usually wrong) predictions on TV. They're grown ups. Silver was just some baseball nerd who made some cash selling a formula he devised for that and found himself trying to apply stats/math to elections as well, and found his knack. Good for him.

So yeah that's why I get pissy when somebody dismissed him as equal to useless sacks of shit like Hannity and Paul Begala. What do those two hacks offer other than propaganda for their army's sheep?