In '08, then-Republican Governor Charlie Crist extended Early Voting in Florida because of the overflooding lines. Which is good, I support encouragement of voting in a Democracy like ours where we regularly take it so much for granted, it treat it like fucking Jury Duty.

I know why assholes suppress votes. They obviously want to win, and if your ethics you leave at home like your keychain, but honestly you only do that if you're losing or you're afraid of losing. Democrats did it in Texas in 1960, maybe Illinois* too. Florida 2000 needed the Supreme Court. I've read an argument the same happened in Ohio by the GOP in '04.

Elections come and go. Presidents come and go. Your right to vote is eternal and guaranteed Constitutionally unless you're a covicted felon (which I sorta disagree with but I disgress) or a society just gives it up out of apathy.

Then again that would mean putting the belief of Democracy and Freedom above self partisanship, and unfortunately you're more likely to find a whore in a convent.

*=I say maybe only because many years ago I once read a study some amateur had done in comparing the voting rolls and he claimed that despite the legend of Mayor Daley getting graveyards to vote for JFK, it was more or less clean. So he claimed. Texas however, Nixon got screwed.