Originally Posted By: BarrettM
DiMaulo and Desjardins were very close. But now Di Maulo is dead and Raynald is in jail, Montagna dead, the Arcuri patron dead, the Arcuri sons in hiding, etc. Is Vito facing that much competition now? Who's next. Tony Magi?

To me, this could go a couple of ways, but maybe someone else can another light on it. The question I am examining is whether 1- this is an internal Calabrian hit on one of their own; a guy who may be too informed and know too much, in addition to taking advantage of perfect timing (knowing that ppl right away would say it's Vito -- since he's been released) If so, is it just coincidence that Arcuri and Di Maulo both go down in weeks since Vito's been out? 2- it actually is Vito carrying this out and reasserting himself at the top. One MTL headline this morning read "Di Maulo, No.2 in Montreal Mafia, goes down"

The only other guy left from the "old guard" missing from this equation is Moreno Gallo (deported). There was no word on any beef between Di Maulo and anyone else. Sonny is right though-- this is BIG.

Not just getting my stripes, something I can't talk about. Something that was ruining my whole life and he made it right. For what I owe him, I would follow that man into hell.