Originally Posted By: J Geoff
But I hate Standard Time! Guess it doesn't matter much in the long run, but I hated (when I did) waking up in the dark, and getting home in the dark. Soooo depressing!

Same here. I could've sworn that I remembered, years ago, that we stopped changing the clocks for awhile. Now, after reading a Wikipedia article, I'm not sure my memory matches up with the facts. Of course, it was quite a long time ago and I probably can't remember anything from those years...

Anyway, for those who want a convoluted and sometimes illogical history of the strange thing we call Daylight Savings Time, just click here.

Some people like reading about this sorta stuff. Actually, I, on occasion, like reading about this sorta stuff.

I mean, why doesn't Arizona observe it? The Hopi Reservation, which lies entirely within that state does not observe it, but the Navajo Reservation, which also extends into two adjacent states, does.

Perhaps Turnbull can explain. Deep down, I suspect he knows all that can be known. (And I know the rest.)

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."