Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
I have to admit when an objective, non party affiliated magazine supports Obama that's a blow to Romney. Dap you can't seriously call the economist conservative leaning. They tell it like it is. But I subscribe to them and I love their articles, I think it doesnt bode well for Mr Romney if a highly independent magazine endorses the other side.

I also subscribe to The Economist among a bunch of other stuff like the NYTimes, WSJ, Wash Post, Businessweek, Forbes, etc.

The Economist is a globalist magazine that touts free trade as its major policy perogative, free trade is part of the backbone of the conservative agenda.

They used to be known as "the Enronomist" back in the day during the Bush years. They tended to endorse Repub candidates unless the Repub was just a mess (i.e. 2004 and 1992). But they endorsed Reagan in 1980, Dole in 96, and Smirk in 2000. And they make it clear in the article that they don't like Obama's "anti-business" attitude, or the teacher's unions.

This is one of the main reasons I read the magazine, because regardless of their viewpoints they will tout the BEST overall policy/politician in their viewpoint even if it goes against what they should naturally select.

It's one of the main reasons I read it too. I may vote for Romney but the economist is a respectable magazine that doesn't write bullshit. I think this only affirms how close this election is going to be. Iowas biggest newspaper endorsed Romney this year and that's the first time they went republican since Reagan.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone