Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Skinny Vinny is right in the sense that no matter how successful Obama was in this clean up it doesnt affect the outcome because the hurricane hit states that are blue and were a lock for Obama anyway. People from Ohio, Florida, and Virginia don't give a damn about a storm that has nothing to do with them. Which is why I still say this doesn't charge anything so late in the game.

It does matter to people in those states because Obama has had the chance to show that he is able to work with people from the other party (Rep. Chris Christie) cooperatively to help the recovery in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. On top of showing strong leadership qualities in a time of crisis, which is what this is. Poll's have shown that overwhelming numbers of people love when politicians work across the aisle, and having Christie give Obama a huge blessing definitely helps. I just saw a new poll that 78% of Americans approve of Obama's response to the Hurricane.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.