Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny
The problem with the Left is they can take things too far.

Not voting for Obama? You're a racist!

Enough.

Besides the "racism=vote" crap you Skinny keep bringing up my friend is nonsense. Hey we elected a black President. He didn't win the primaries and general election because he was black. (And that talked up "Bradley Effect" libs feared didn't happen 4 years ago.) He might win re-election, but it won't be because he's black. (Notice Joe and Camarel are voting against him because of the economy.) There is white noise, and then there is reality.

Certainly (I don't think at least) Willard won't win or lose because of his Mormonism, an issue that surprisingly (and thankfully) didn't negatively come up this summer, fall as much as I cynically expected. Which is a good thing, right? It's been a non-issue from what I've seen mainstream wise. (Notice I said mainstream. Andrew Sullivan on his blog recently has been on a tear about the racist LDS back in the 60s/70s, which is true but...so what? How does that matter for next week?)

Skinny, let me ask you this. If Willard loses, will some people argue that he lost because of religious bias? Are people who don't vote for him prejudicial? Will you be pressing that point?

Camarel won't be voting against him because he's Scottish wink.

In all honesty though i don't see why anybody would unless it's social issues (abortion,gay marriage) imo it seems the US wants to reward Obamas failure with the economy because they believe Romneys going to make a difference on abortion issues which most experts agree it's not going to budge regardless of the presidents views.