Why do I support Obama?

The economy is getting better, definately better than it was 4 years ago. I know people live and day by quarterlies but looking long term, the big picture, we're coming back. To argue otherwise, well an Ostrich with his head in the sand comes to mind. (And before one of the locals bring up high unemployment in several states, hey guess what? There was high unemployment in several areas during Reagan's economic recovery. I know that's a fact usually glossed over on Fox News, but it's worth noting.)

After the Dubya administration's wreckless warefare which got us bogged down in quagmire and fucked us in the deficit, our foreign policy is more cautious. Not wimpish, but we're trying to give diplomacy a chance. Even as much as me and IvyLeague disagreed on how to deal with Iran, we both agreed in willingly support finding a diplomatic solution to that mess before even going half-cocked with a military answer. Dear lord even Willard in his last debate more or less endorsed Obama's foreign policy.

(Of course there is contradictions. With Libya, we got involved with the NATO bombing but in Syria, we backed off. Two different situations, and God knows I could easily see us get bogged down in Syria, a nightmare that didn't have levels of International support like the mission in Libya did. We might've easily got stuck in another Iraq. Or maybe not? Who knows.)

Oh and Bin Laden is fish food. Let's not forget that. Remember when we as a nation gave up ever hoping to get that mother fucker to pay for his crimes?

With Marriage Equality, he has aligned the Democractic Party to support Gay Rights fully and not half-hearted half-measured (like under Clinton) for the future, regardless of how this election turns out. With the religious right wing and their increasingly eroading Moral Authority ruled by ignorance and prejudice, on that issue they don't stand for American values of merit, justice, and equality.

(Consider the dog fight they put up against repealing DADT, a measure that enjoyed over 75% of the American public's support. To them it was like doomsday or something, and a year later with gay troops openly serving and kicking ass...their dire prophecies of sexual oriented integration has been proven false and worthy of ridicule. Then again what you expect from yahoos who's spokeswoman for Abstinence is Bristol Palin?)