Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
^^that guy is unfortunately right for the most part
gotta disagree here. do you guys really think the majority of people who want obama outta the white house want it soley because he's black? come on, thats just bullshit. are there some who feel that way, sure, but this idea that because there are a few people who feel that way that we should just lump everyone who is against him into the racist category is nonsense. regardless of you political positions, the country has enough problems right now that there are plenty of reasons to want a change in leadership. republican doesn't = racist guys, despite what msnbc might try to make you believe. if i wanna criticize the president and someone wants to play the race card because i happen to be white and a republican, then that is just as offensive imo as the small majority of people who want him out based on race alone. remember guys, don't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch no matter what the issue.

i am saying the guy is right for the most part that a good portion of the gop is basing their vote on race, its true. Why do you think there is all this drama about Obama being a muslim (hes not), born in Kenya (he wasnt), and when you ask a good portion of that populace to list intelligent (backed by non-partisan data) reasons why they wont vote for him, they start mouthing off general stuff about obama raising small business taxes (he hasnt) to taking away gun rights (they have actually loosened) that is not true. If some people cant even name one real legitimate reason why they want to vote for romney, rather than just "i dont like obama, I hate obama, anybody but obama" then that will obviously ring some bells for people I think.

Conservative outlets even ran their own polls a few times asking the gop populace if they believed obama was a muslim (at least 30% said yes) and whether they still were doubtful about his birth certificate (about 13-15% said yes). thats a good chunk anywhere. MSNBC has nothing to do with the facts. They are one of the few who happen to call out people on all this birther/muslim crap.

Why do you think romney joked about "nobody has ever asked me for my birth certificate" cause he knows there is a good portion of the gop populace who believe in that crap and he wanted to throw them a bone and appease them even if he doesnt believe it himself. The vast majority of American are good people but racism still does exist in BOTH parties.

Overall, the survey found that by virtue of racial prejudice, Obama could lose 5 percentage points off his share of the popular vote in his Nov. 6 contest against Republican challenger Mitt Romney. But Obama also stands to benefit from a 3 percentage point gain due to pro-black sentiment, researchers said. Overall, that means an estimated net loss of 2 percentage points due to anti-black attitudes.

The poll finds that racial prejudice is not limited to one group of partisans. Although Republicans were more likely than Democrats to express racial prejudice in the questions measuring explicit racism (79 percent among Republicans compared with 32 percent among Democrats), the implicit test found little difference between the two parties. That test showed a majority of both Democrats and Republicans held anti-black feelings (55 percent of Democrats and 64 percent of Republicans), as did about half of political independents (49 percent).

http://tinyurl.com/8pzbebm

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 10/27/12 02:19 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.