Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Anyone watch and new shows this season? I'm more or less sticking with my old favorites. However, I have watched the first few episodes of a show called "Arrow", about a rich man who was stranded on a secluded island and thought dead for 5 years. He returns as somewhat of a superhero. Not bad so far.

smile

TIS

I enjoy ARROW (Why the title? It's the Green Arrow superhero from DC Comics.)

It is a very solid program so far, I admire that in serial fashion they repeatedly introduce new elements that you take for granted, only for those elements to unload onto new characters and storylines and details which is quickly threatening to give ARROW a fully fleshed out universe before the 1st season is even out. (Consider the hero's stereotypical ex-girlfriend, who out of the blue showed off her mastery of Judo.)

In tone it's pretty much Green Arrow meets BATMAN BEGINS. Why not? Its working so far.

(Though I think he's less Batman and more psychotic violent vigilante like the Punisher, but I don't mind that. I enjoyed last week's episode when he made that pension-robbing white collar crook give back the money or else eat a metal fan.)

Plus I'm sure the weekly shirt off, grauitous beefcake training montages will please many audience demographics. Right TIS?