Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Certain documents are public and a matter of public record. You just have to have the patience to look for them.

And if he did use coke at one time in his life (not saying he did), wasn't W the poster boy for rehab? Wasn't he a cokehead alcoholic?

as much as i'm not i fan of mr. obama, this is a solid point as old dubbya was known to be a fan of snowy nights

with that said, its no big secret that obama has used drugs in the past so it makes it all the more troublesome when he continues and by many accounts has ampted up the drug war, including many raids on medical marijuana facilities that were otherwise in compliance with existing state law, despite his promises to the contrary. i do realize that the president isn't in control of everything that goes on but the bottom line is that the buck stops at the white house, no matter what party, and they have a great deal of influence over which laws can be selectively enforced.

regardless of your feelings on the current drug war, an issue like this at the very least helps to illustrate the gap between politicians and ordinary citizens. to throw someone in jail and be able to justify it while you at the same time have dabbled in drugs is morally wrong! if our current president was caught with drugs its highly unlikely that he would have risen so high in politics, much less become president. seems like a serious double standard to me. (same for bush, although despite his run ins with the law, he was still some how able to trick his way into office thanks in no small part to the already very powerful political clout of his family

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!