Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: JasonAnthony74

It's strange how John Gotti seemed to be mob royalty from the very beginning. He was acting capo before he was even made.

JA, I´m not attacking you in any way, bacause I have seen that statement elswhere. But I would like to know where it stems from. Being not made and at the same time in charge of a crew that contains made guys, sounds unlikely to me. Is that even possible?
We may suspect Gotti to have been an acting capo as early as 1977, when the Fatico brothers were sent away, but prior to that, there is no evedence of John Gotti running Fatico´s crew.

You're right it sounds crazy but its true. In 1972 Fatico went to jail and since john was a protege of both Fatico and Neil they made gotti his proxy/acting capo. In fact gotti reported to neil and when neil went to jail in 73 he reported to carlo for a short time

Just aggreeing it is true....I dont have the facts sitting rigt here infront of me... But i know ive read in WAYYYYY more than 1 place that Gotti was incharge of a crew before being made.

"According to my best recollection,I don't remember."
- Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo