Originally Posted By: JasonAnthony74
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Exactly. I'll buy that gotti was present at desimone's murder. However i would bet that wille boy,angelo,gene,carneglia brothers, and tommy agro did the dirty work

It's strange how John Gotti seemed to be mob royalty from the very beginning. He was acting capo before he was even made. How often does that happen? Then, when it came to actually making his bones, he didn't have to actually kill anyone. Then, if all the stories are correct, Gotti ordered others to do his dirty work when it came time to eliminate Paul Castellano. I mean, I'm not glorifying all that dirty stuff, but if Gotti were such a tough guy, and if he himself wanted to be boss, why didn't Gotti go out and settle things with Castellano instead of lordly ordering others to do it for him?

It amazes me how Gotti seemed to have such a princely ascension to the top of the mob. There's something very "weanieish" about simply ordering others to do your own dirty work.

He was obvisiouly smarter than his counterparts if he could get everyone to respect him like that and listen to his every commnan and take his shit without whcking him....He obvisiouly used his brain....WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER....thats the phrase ive always heard haha

"According to my best recollection,I don't remember."
- Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo