Burke had taken over Bentvena's loanshark business while Bentvena was in prison. Henry Hill also cites this as another reason why bentvena was whacked.

DeSimone was murdered because of quite a few things that he did. I'm not sure whether the murder went down as neatly and as smoothly as it happened in the film.

I find it hard to believe Tommy would walk into such an easy trap. I heard he got snatched off the street but then I've heard alot of things.

The truth is Henry Hill probably doesn't know how it really went down and the "getting his button" aspect of the storyline is probably conjecture.

Personally I can't see Tommy walking into a trap like that. He was a stone cold psycopath killer himself and him and Burke knew every trick in the book. Of course it's entirely possible given the egos of guys like Tommy but personally I don't buy it. He knew there was reason he could be killed and it's not as if it was a hit he never would have seen coming.

I heard one story that says Tommy was snatched from the street and went down fighting, put up a hell of a fight in fact and took a lot of overpowering to make him go down.

This was a guy from North Jersey who said he used to live in Queens back in the day etc...

Anyone else hear any different than the version laid down in the movie?

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 10/20/12 01:56 PM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin