Not seen TAKEN 2 yet, but I'll be honest I'm pretty certain that as action movies go, it won't as good as DREDD was. (TAKEN 2 will make a fortune, DREDD unfortunately tanked in theatres.)

And well shit, somebody online agreed with me.

Do Yourself a Favor and See Dredd 3D Instead of Taken 2

Quote:
Pushing for a truce near Taken 2's end, Bryan Mills tells his adversary, "I am tired of it all." Yeah, and you feel it in every second of his dull movie. Dredd 3D, meanwhile, barely stops to take a breath - and when it does it's because it's so fucked up, an astonishingly massive garbage truck high on its own fumes.

http://gawker.com/5949128/do-yourself-a-favor-and-see-dredd-3d-instead-of-taken-2

Originally Posted By: olivant
Last night I watched some of John Travolta's movie (which I never geard of) entitled Love from Paris (or something like that)in which he's a CIA agent. It was pretty good and so was he although bald headed. Give it a look.

I saw that too, I liked it as a good afternoon killer. (Travolta camping up as the ultimate "Ugly American" was good fun.)

That was another movie produced (and co-written) by Luc Besson, the French filmmaker who's become probably king of the B-action movies, low/modest budgets and usually taking place in Europe. His credits range from the TRANSPORTER series to the TAKEN movies to even LOCKOUT w/ Guy Pearce which came out earlier this year.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 10/07/12 05:20 PM.