Originally Posted By: afsaneh77

Well, that's good news I guess. But this whole picture id verification for voting is very interesting to me. How people were voting before? I mean how you go and ask for ballot where you are registered and prove your identity if not with a picture ID? confused Out here, our birth certificate must bear a photo and has a dedicated page for election stamps, that's how we vote once per person. And then we don't have voting registration process and can vote almost anywhere.

The birth certificate has a photo? confused lol
So I would carry this to the Secretary of State's office and say "No really that's me, you can tell by the dimples, see" cool

Seriously though, the states run the elections and not so much the federal government. So all the initial requirements vary but bottom line just be a citizen and above age and you're fine to vote. In the great state of Michigan this is the process for registering to vote.

A photo id rule has recently been added but you don't have to show photo id and can tell anyone who asks that they can go take a flying f*** at a rolling donut that you don't have photo id and sign something stating so. tongue

Absence of photo id can not prevent you from voting.
Despite what may seem like an excessively open system there haven't been too many issues with non-citizens voting or people voting multiple times or things like that. Most of the actual elections themselves , Florida and Ohio, not withstanding, are roughly honest these days. It's what goes on before them-ie. finding out where your opposition is likely to vote and changing the rules-that is where the dishonesty and corruption is more likely to occur. wink Again...not counting Florida...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.