Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
DD, I'm not talking about buying Chinese products or driving a Nissan. I'm talking about a company that is located in the US laying off 80% of its IT staff and then rotating cheaper labor in from another country. I'm talking about Citibank, who decided it would be a great idea to outsource its customer service to another country, and then received the backlash from its customers. There are jokes all the time about calling a company like Dell or HP, only to get connected to tech support in India with someone who calls themselves "Bob". Those are the kind of jobs I would like to keep here in the US.

Unfortunately, most of those jobs arent going to come back either. To the credit of a few companies. I have been reading in some business magazines (Businessweek,Forbes,and also WSJ) that some companies have actually relocated some of these jobs back to the states because of the increasing high cost of labor in Asia and low customer satisfaction rates of American consumers.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.