Globalization...it is here to stay. The world is increasingly becoming more and more interdependent economically. Instead of being just National, most corporations even some "small" businesses through the use of the internet can be considered multinational.

Sad thing is that a number of Americans yearn for the good old days when our country had all those manufacturing jobs and we were also the go to place for pretty much everything (besides oil). That was NEVER going to last,it was only a matter of time before other nations brought themselves up and seriously competed with us on the international economic stage.

The US hegemony wasn't going to last forever (these things never do), we just have to re-develop our own niche and continue to be a force in global politics in our own right but realize that now we will have other company (China,etc).

My advice for today's youth is to get as much education as possible (and make some international friends along the way) to help set yourself up for the future.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.