SB, PB, I agree with you. Some of those jobs are never coming back but it will be very difficult to get companies to change their ways insofar as globalization. It's almost too far gone. A few years back when it looked like my department and maybe my company was going to go kaput we had to train our possible overseas replacements. Somewhat surreal but that's business. Anyone who is not onboard with outsourcing and making the cheapest possible use of labor had better forget about rising in the company hierarchy. It's not happening. I probably should have kept my mouth shut about some things but what can you do...

The only good thing is thanks to a few massive screw-ups companies are starting to realize that getting something quickly or cheaply isn't always better than getting it right. So there is some minor cessation of outsourcing in my field-not much but it is what it is. You have to run faster and faster to stay in the same spot. Most roles that are purely technical and repetitive have been moved out. The people that survive tend to be people with some sort of relational skills with the customer or business leads OR people that are working in tech that's so old that no one overseas is familiar with it. whistle lol

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.