Originally Posted By: carmela

I haven't read Mafia Export. I don't read mafia books, never have, never plan on it.

Too bad.

I highly recommend it to anyone who's interested in knowing what goes on across intercontinental borders OC-wise.

I sort the many "mafia books" by looking for those authors who actually know what they are writing about: such as persecutors, former chiefs of the D.I.A. or the R.O.S., for instance.

Francesco Forgione wrote one of the best book on the contemporary foreign connections of the three top Italian OC groups (Ndrangheta, Camorra and Cosa Nostra). He included maps, lists as well as all the sources that go back to the Italian Corte D'Assise.

He was the Vice Chairman of the Anti-Mafia Commission in 1996 and again in 2001. He was elected top Chairman in 2006 and led it until 2008.

Forgione works intensively with the Dutch, German, Swiss and UK authorities on the hunt for Italian OC fugitives believed to be hiding abroad.
His constant collaboration was key for the capture of Giovanni Strangio, the mastermind behind the Duisburg Massacre, who was arrested in Amsterdam in 2009.

Another book that I enjoyed was A Milano Comanda L'Ndrangheta (Milan is Ruled by the Ndrangheta), a page-turner filled with tons of info concerning the mobbed up activities in the food and construction industries in Italy's economical capital.

Journalists Giuseppe Caruso and Davide Carlucci didn't just end it there. There's even some tiny info of Calabrians working along Chinese gangsters in Milan and in Switzerland, a northern Italian businessman who wanted to be made (he got it) and even some info of few associates working in British Columbia.

Originally Posted By: carmela

And yes, I was talking about all women. I don't know much about the north, admittedly, but in Sicily, NONE of the women change their last name. FACT. It was not allowed by the Italian gov't. If the rules have changed today, I don't know, but the women are still keeping their maiden names. I haven't met one or heard of one that has changed it.

I see.
In my honest and truthful personal experience, all women I know who reside around Brescia and in the Mezzojuso-Baucina-Villafrati-Ciminna area in the Palermo province have done it. Maybe that law was changed.