Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
^^^well their is something in those returns that will put a negative light on his campaign, hence why he refuses to release them.

Romney gave 20 years of tax returns to McCain to be vetted for VP back in 2008, McCain then chose Palin...

McCain chose Palin to attract Hillary votes. If he was in serious business of vetting, he wouldn't have chosen Palin in the first place. tongue

He might very well release those returns near the election to show there's nothing interesting there. I think Democrats should not make an issue of this anyway. Feels like walking into a trap of making him look good for what he has been supposed to do in the first place: paying his taxes and using every way conceivable to pay less and then releasing them to public before election.

Your ABSOLUTELY right about him looking for ways to pay less, etc we all do that the best we can.

The dems want to paint Obama as an outsider, muslim, unamerican, birther, etc then he romney should continue to get hounded on the tax issue. Personally, I am happy the democractic party has grown a pair and actually tries to fight back against these negative attacks from the gop with their own negative attacks. In the past they would just let the gop run all over them and not fight back (kerry swift boat). Politics is a dirty game unfortunately.

On another note, I have been quite busy the past few days but just caught on tv the idiotic comments romney made about the recent embassy attacks. The guy might as well save himself the time/embarrassment and just give up if he is going to continue to make these dumb slip-ups. The guy has been running for president since the last election and he still cant get it right. You gotta feel for the guy.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.