Originally Posted By: m2w
like i said in chinatowns there are several chinese groups, triads, tongs, street gangs, snake heads and even vietnamese, koreans, laotians gangs so the extortions are divided eventually among these gangs
that's coz i highly doubt chinese extortion racket in a couple of chinatowns is bigger than the lcn in the whole new york

'Laotian' gangs are in a lot of cases of Hmong origin, I doubt they are around in the northeast. The 'Vietnamese' are in the northeast mostly ethnic Hoa, Vietnamese of Han ethnicity but with a degree of Cham blood as well, so they've blended in with the Chinese gangs. Koreans may work with Chinese, but I thought that their mobs are mostly standalone crews.
Ethnic groups will always extort their own community. Chinese extort Chinese businesses, Albanians extort Albanian businesses, Russians extort Russian businesses, African-Americans extort African-American businesses,etc...
Extorting a business out of one's own community is suicide.
The power of the American Mafia are the labor unions. Outside of these rackets, they also only extort Italian-run businesses.

Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 09/09/12 04:38 PM.