Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Obama last night did what Obama does best: orate. He gave a splendid speech. His speech was fantastic: literally, a fantasy. There is no way he can achieve any of the brilliant goals he outlined. He couldn’t do it when he had a solid majority in both houses of Congress, and hasn’t done squat since the GOP took over the House. If, as expected, they widen their control of the House and take the Senate, it’ll be four more years of gridlock. Granted, the GOP has interpreted its “duty” to the voters as not giving Obama anything he wants. But, the GOP controlled Congress during most of Clinton’s years, and he had the empathy, the political savvy and the personality to make it work. Obama doesn’t. And the Democratic Party is comatose.

I'm not from the US so my opinion means nothing. I agree with you're post entirely though it seems Obama is running for election rather than re-election . He blames to much of his own term on bush he's already added more to the US debt in 4 yeaars than Bush added in 8 without any economic impact other than a slight gdp growth .