Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke

The Mafia isn't strong at all in South Florida. The only city they where strong was Tampa, but there has been no news on them for a long period. Not because of the so called 'secretive' way of doing business. The Tampa mob has always been relatively small and it is said they now have completely fallen in the shadow of other criminal gangs.
The Patriarca family may still be relatively strong, but the strongest in Boston ? I really don't think so. Someone I talked with ( who himself was Italian ) agreed that the Irish are still stronger in Boston than the Italians. Eventhough the Irish themselves aren't major players in the USA anymore.
as far as florida is concerned, all five families have crews in south florida, with the genovese and gambino families stil very influential. miami is where most of the action is anyways, not tampa, although the gambino family has pretty much taken over what was left of that family and have a presence there. as far as boston is concerned, the irish might have been top dogs in years past, but now? not likely as even with all the shit the patriarca family has been through, they are still much more organized than the what little is left of the winter hill gang.

The guy I talked to said that Irish stuff is still more prevalent in Boston than Italian organized crime. But the Italians might be smarter.
I think as far as drug trafficking goes the Mafia isn't very strong in Miami.
Now when you talk about racketeering, then yes the Mafia is the top.