Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
This is news?

The only president who went to church regularly was Carter.
Reagan rarely went, but claimed to have someone come to the
White House to conduct some kind of worshi service. Hi excuse for not going to church was that it would be too disruptive to the other worshippers.

But the AP and other mainstream media are making it news now. It has become an issue. I would not know about it if it wasn't a story.

I see nothing on the NY TImes about this at all. I did see an article that said that Obama has chosen the same method as GW Bush when it comes to worship - the chapel at Camp David. No president since Carter has regularly attended a church in Washington - the Secret Service protection rules make it a huge undertaking. I just see nothing in the mainstream media that is even mentioning this.

Making things up is kind of like saying you ran a sub 3 hour marathon when you actually ran it is 4 hours. No marathon runner that has only completed one race would ever forget his time. This was no "it happened 20 years ago" mistake. For some reason, Ryan thought it was better to portray himself as an ex-marathoner whose best time was better than 3 hours. Sad, really.

Last edited by Don Marco; 09/04/12 02:47 PM.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.