Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

I swear this is one role in which Cage played a pretty much normal character. smile Btw, he made another similar movie, I think called "20 Seconds" in which he could see events/disasters 20 second before they happened (or something like that) remember?

TIS

That was NEXT, and I didn't care for that one. (or KNOWING either for that matter.) Quite honestly aside from his wonderfully wacky BAD LIEUTENANT remake, I can't remember the last Cage movie that I enjoyed or didn't feel like wasted my time. Maybe ADAPTATION?

NEXT incidentally was another of those many movies adapted from the late Phillip K. Dick's stories. For a guy that lived in poverty for most of his literary career, wrote really just to pay the rent (thus his incredible output), he's become Hollywood's favorite science fiction writer to adapt. More famous and respected post-mortem than when he was alive.

Consider the movies adapted from his writings so far:

Blade Runner
Total Recall (both versions)
Next
Minority Report
Screamers
Paycheck
A Scanner Darkly
Imposter
The Adjustment Bureau

And reportedly many more to come.

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Some good special effects no? I kind of felt for Cage's character, trying to help everyone amid enormous flames, which was really impossible.

I was making a comment to Cage's mega-acting in that scene, which made it unintentionally hilarious for me.

("Mega Acting" is a term somebody online invented to use for actors who purposely overact, and he used that slang for Cage in general.)