It was a pleasant surprise:

Tonight after spending some time at a friends house, my mom gave me a call. Nobody was home and I guess she was lonely, so she said she had ordered pizza and she wanted me to go home and have some. I did, and as I pulled into the drive way, I found my dad's truck. My dad has been gone since late June, and finally after a six week "vacation", he has returned from Qatar. The house was not empty, my mom, dad, and brother were there at the dinner table.

He is an E-7: Master Sergeant in the Air National Guard. He will be retiring in one year and this was his last trip overseas. So he went to Qatar (small country off Saudi Arabia) to do his job for a majority of the summer (when he's not at school as a guidance counselor). His job: he's a senior in the 132 AMMO unit. He builds bombs and missiles which they later use on the F/16's which are flown and blown over Iraq.

It was special, he brought back a flag which was flown over Iraq, and now I have it with a certificate under my name (basically saying the flag was flown for me).

There we go, gave me something to talk about for a few minutes.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin