Originally Posted By: olivant
A good analysis. One thng for members to keep in mind is that the FY 2009 federal budget was prepared by the Bush Administration. Prepearation of federal budgets by the Obama Administration did not begin until FY 2010.

In any case, most people focus on the increase in the National Debt. They don't realize that it is funded debt the interest payments on which only amount to about 6% of the annual federal budget.

Yep, I am a numbers/data guy. I generally support Democratic candidates but have voted Republican a few times in my short voting career. I personally try and cut through all the BS coming from either side and just look at the raw data and come to my own conclusion on what is going on. The big deciding factors for me are candidate's tax plans and their proposed economic agendas. Then Social programs (social security, medicare, etc) and education, then foreign policy/national security. I personally dont really care much about social issues (abortion, gay marriage) because I think the government shouldnt be sticking their nose in that arena so in that respect I am pro-choice and support gay marriage (which I used to be against).

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 08/29/12 08:29 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.