Originally Posted By: pmac
been reading about this war for a year or more some one put up a pic of domic arcuri, and i wonder if he was related to the famous gambino capo by the last name arcuri.

I doubt anyone will be able to find an online photo of Domenico Arcuri Jr. till a picture accompanies a future article about him.

Arcuri Jr. is not related to the deceased Joe Arcuri (d. 2007), who was a longtime member of the Gambino Family. The former may be a first cousin once removed of the deceased Giuseppe Arcuri (d. 2001), who was a member of the Bonanno Family in New York and who had close ties to George from Canada, given they spent much time together in Long Island. Both Giuseppe Arcuri and Sciascia were born in the same Sicilian hometown as other Rizzuto clan members.

Law enforcement and veteran organized-crime reporters and writers had, in the past, confused Joe Arcuri and Giuseppe Arcuri. (Joe Arcuri's Christian name was very likely Giuseppe, so this very likely added to the confusion.) I unfortunately confused the two shortly after Joe Arcuri died in 2007, posting on the RealDeal forum how he was related to Domenico Arcuri Sr. in Montreal and Giacinto Arcuri in Toronto -- Joe Arcuri was not related at all to these individuals.

Last edited by antimafia; 08/31/12 05:09 PM. Reason: Changed sentence stating Arcuri Jr. is a nephew of the deceased Giuseppe Arcuri. Police believe Giuseppe is a cousin to Arcuri Jr.'s father.