Originally Posted By: Wilson
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
No actually i don't get your point. Tony Accardo was practically the same thing as the people i listed, he made millions of dollars off of crime and killed people at the same time.

Sorry I just don't classify the black gang members as real gangsters. Call me racist, but its just how I feel.

Pretty arrogant view I might add. But you aren't the only one who holds this view. Even with the rise of Post-Soviet, Balkan, Hispanic, Black, Asian, White Supremacist,...etc etc mobs there are still people who say that the Italians are 'the one and only'. Yes, they might still be (among) the strongest but they aren't the only ones anymore, by any stretch of the imagination.
Gangs like Gangster Disciples, Zoe Pound, Black Guerilla Family,...all have top guys who are very organized. Where's the big difference with the Italians ? Sure the black gangs might base their empire on crack while the Italians make money of of heroin. But the bottom line is : both types of criminal groups have their rich top members and their less rich and more low-level members.
Both sides are singing the same old song.