Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
I wonder why the scumbags Arcuri and Cammalleri are STILL free. They got their life sentences in Italy decades ago and never have been extradited. Doesn't Italy want them any more or it's Canada that doesn't give them up?

Dwalin2011:

I notice you didn't mention Leonardo Salvo's name in your post above. Do you know something about his fate or his whereabouts that you would feel comfortable sharing?

In the case of Arcuri, the Italian authorities were told by a parish priest in Montreal, when they made inquiries, that Arcuri was dead. (All three suspects had fled to Montreal.) This "corroboration" alone may have meant the end of the Italians' investigation of Arcuri -- the arrest warrant was certainly cancelled. There is also, in my and others' minds, ambiguity about whether Giacinto Arcuri of Toronto was a first cousin to the murder suspect Giacinto Arcuri.

Incidentally, Salvo and Cammalleri (Vito Rizzuto's father-in-law) would go on to kill again, taking revenge on Rosario Gurreri in Montreal in 1972 -- Gurreri was initially a fourth accused who may have given up just a little too much information to the authorities.

Cammalleri has been living with his daughter Giovanna, Vito's wife, but Cammalleri and his wife, Angela, were very itinerant for decades because he was wanted. Law enforcement already knows he has been living in Vito and Giovanna's home for a number of years. (When Cammalleri was living in Toronto in the 1980s, he was said to have had close contact with Nick Sr., who at the time was either living with Cammalleri, was running a business, or was a homeowner.)